Email Marketing is the Most Profitable Digital Marketing Tactics
Newsletters sent by companies would back between $ 45 and $ 50 average (USD) for every dollar invested in 2014, according to the report ” Power of Direct Economic Impact” of the Direct Marketing Association .
This means that if you invest in promoting your products or services on the Web, you would do well to focus on developing a newsletter strategy first , and then making the purchase of words. in search engines.
Benefits of email marketing:
1. Customers who follows to newsletter give them permission to send them emails . It is an important testimony of trust and loyalty to your brand from your customers. It also means that if you send them information, they are likely to open the email and read it .
2. It is quite easy to create a newsletter registration form on your website. Once implemented, the system will begin to collect email addresses over time and expand your customer database . You will always have visitors to your site who will be interested in subscribing to your newsletter , especially if their friends tell them they are receiving interesting information .
3. The use of an email marketing service is very affordable . Depending on the size of your subscriber list or the volume of emails you want to send per month, prices can start from $ 15 to $ 20 a month. Some providers also offer this service for free for a limited use . For example, MailChimp.com allows you to send up to 12,000 newsletters per month for free to a list of 2,000 subscribers. ConstantContact.com (one of the most popular newsletter platforms) allows you to send unlimited emails to a customer database of 500 subscribers for only US $ 15 per month.
4. You will see a direct impact on sales , either online or in-store, when you send coupons or promotional offers to your subscribers . This is where you will get the best return on investment.
5. If you have a sizable list of subscribers, you can generate advertising revenue by finding interested advertisers who would like to sponsor or advertise in your newsletter for a certain period of time.
6. You will generate more traffic to your site by sending newsletters with links to your website. It is very common to see peak traffic on the sites after the newsletter is sent.
Challenges of email marketing:
1. To keep your subscribers interested, you must send relevant information . People subscribe to many newsletters but they unsubscribe in the blink of an eye if there is no value in these emails. You must be relevant and creative in the content you send (unless there are only coupons).
2. The most effective way to increase your subscriber list is to ask your customers’ email addresses for any occasion (store counter, phone, contest, etc.) to maximize your listings . This often requires rigorous training of staff.
3. To keep your subscribers engaged, you must send newsletters on a regular basis. This will depend on the nature of your business of course, but sending regular emails will maximize traffic to your site or store and increase sales potential .
4. You need to keep an eye on your stats to improve the performance of your newsletter. Most newsletter solution providers offer statistical dashboards that tell you how many people have opened your email and clicked a link in the content. You can also see the many emails “undelivered” (wrong email address, spam filters, etc.).
If you do not measure the performance of your mailings , you will not know if your newsletters have a positive impact on your business . For example, a high rate of opening and a low click rate could mean that you miss an opportunity to drive traffic to your website.
Are there only newsletters for email marketing?
Email marketing is done much through newsletters, but another way to benefit from this tool is related to email alerts or notifications .
For example, when you create an account on an ecommerce site to order a product, you usually receive an email notification confirming your registration. You then receive another when you place an order. These confirmation emails provide you with another opportunity to promote your products and services. For example, you can promote the benefits of subscribing to your newsletter with a short text in the notification email.
5 best practices for successful newsletters:
1. Give an attractive and engaging title in the subject of your newsletter . For example: How to earn 5000 reward points? ; Find out why you’ll love our Spring Deals! Enter to win a free trip to Las Vegas, etc.
2. Unless you are sending coupons online, do not put all the information in the content in the newsletter . Instead, write a link with a link to your website and of course put the link to the web content. In this way, you will enjoy traffic on your website where users will be able to read all the content.
3. Make sure that the newsletter submission solution you use allows your subscribers to read a web version of your newsletter in case the message does not appear correctly in their mailbox.
4. If you have a lot of content for your newsletter, segment the content and send several newsletters rather than a long newsletter at one time . Readers are generally less attentive when reading emails so the content should be brief. You can also put all the content on your website and put hooks with links in your newsletter.
5. Plan to send regularly . Try to have at least two newsletters ready in advance that can be sent later. Most newsletter sending tools allow you to schedule automatic shipments at later dates .